kj@drkjfoster.org

Hello from Boca Raton, Florida

Hello Sean, Gillian and everyone - I'm really enjoying the course, and learning so much.  I work with individuals and families who are recovering from substance use disorders.  I specialize in working with families, I also specialize in relapse prevention and trauma.  I have an company called Fostering Resilience that provides online resources, I have a private practice and I also work as the Family Program Director for a small residential treatment center in Delray Beach, Florida.  I have been practicing mindfulness meditation since my own early recovery from an alcohol use disorder over 12 years ago.  Based on the personal benefits I myself have experienced, and what I know and believe to be critical benefits to the population I work with in achieiving successful recovery (individuals and family members), I have included mindfulness meditation in all of my work.  I did receive a certificaiton in mindfulness about 5 years ago, but it was basically based on reading materials and was nothing like this course.  I am learning so much and I can already see how much my skills have improved.  I'm looking forward to sharing what I'm learning with others.  Thanks so much for providing this incredible resource!  With gratitude, KJ

• Like 1

Thanks for the introduction here KJ! It sounds like you have a wealth of experience and that this mindfulness course with interweave seamlessly with your work. Since you specialize in relapse prevention and trauma, I'm wondering if you were here for David Trelevean's session on trauma-sensitive mindfulness. In any case, the replay will be posted in a few days in the 'Workshops' section of your Dashboard.

• Like 1

Hi Gillian - Unfortunately, I was not able to catch David's session.  My client schedule is currently interfering with my ability to participate in the live sessions.  Once I complete the course, I'll be moving on to check-out the replays of the workshop sessions.  Loving the course and all the content.  Thank you and have a great day!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, KJ!! 

I worked in a Drug Detox program up in MA for 11+ years, so I know all the Challenges of that job!

From my experience, the AA 12 Steps of Recovery are vital in Recovery! I gained many a great Friendship with Sober Friends;

on the other hand I met many others who could not cope with Recovery too, who perished from the Disease, sadly enough!

Hope to see you in Live Session when you can!

You are amongst Friends!

• Like 1