Hi all! My name is Leo and I'm grateful to be here. I recently retired from the work-force after spending many years as a psychotherapist (LMFT). I lead a weekly mindfulness meditation group at my Buddhist temple, doing so as a lay volunteer. I look forward to learning from the various resources found here, including the training materials, the seminars, and the community.

• Like 1

Hello Leo! Welcome to the program and the community. I'm Gillian - the Chief Care Officer and Community Moderator. If you have any questions as you navigate the resources or forum, feel free to reach out at any time.

I look forward to learning more about your experience and insights. How long have you been studying/practicing Buddhist teachings and techniques?

Hello Gillian. I have been practicing Buddhism seriously for approximately 14 years. I currently devote one to two hours daily to my formal practice, including meditation and study. Two of my favorite teachings are the Satipatthana Sutta and the Anapanasati Sutta wherein Sakyamuni Buddha provides guidance on meditative practices. I deeply appreciate how these teachings can be applied to our present-day challenges during these chaotic times.

• Like 1

Hi

I'm am a now working part time due to COVID, so I have more time to expand on self growth and purpose. I am also a Reiki Master and currently offer Reiki as well as Guided Meditation. I am looking forward to enhancing my service to others.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:56 PM, njmintzer8@gmail.com said:

Hi

I'm am a now working part time due to COVID, so I have more time to expand on self growth and purpose. I am also a Reiki Master and currently offer Reiki as well as Guided Meditation. I am looking forward to enhancing my service to others.

That's great that you've found more free-time to focus on self-growth and purpose. I imagine challenging as well depending upon your circumstances, but it must be nice to have the extra time to slow down and turn inwards.

And sorry, I didn't catch your name and can't tell from your email.