NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
Gillian Florence

What are you mindful of today?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What are you mindful of today?

When you tune in with mindfulness today, what do you notice? Are there certain emotions or bodily sensations present? Are certain senses activated? What colours, sounds, textures, aromas, tastes, and sights filter through your awareness? What subtle energies or virtues are you aware of?

For myself, here on day 12 of a 14 day quarantine in Canada, I am aware of the warmth of this home. I am aware of the sounds of people chatting as they walk past the front of the house. I can hear the whistling leaves in the wind and see the shadow of those leaves on the building across the road.

This morning I was mindful of a feeling of being unsettled. It manifested as a slight vibration in my body. I listened to Alan Watts to become more mindful of the present moment and the feeling slowly melted.

• Like 1

I liked everything you had to say, Gillian! The noises in my head are the ringing in my ears, ( for a slight Medical reason), the vibrations of hearing traffic..apparent construction off in the distance, etc. The unsettled Covid situation and taking extra care Not to get infected are obvious, yet not so obvious!

Mindfulness is bringing my Awareness to the forefront; I have always been aware of Nature; though Self-Awareness goes Deeper; my Meditation in the HM App. themed this AM, "The Unexamined" aspects of our lives indicated:

Socrates once said sometime before his poisonous death for speaking his mind, "The Unexamined mind is not worth living"! Hence seeking inward to examine our own beliefs is Healthy...so, for me, I examine the clouds today, good and bad weather, the noises in my neighborhood, and even check on my own biases to examine their validity...there is so much Beauty in the World today as it gets destroyed by the consuming fires, ect. My neighbor once said to me in a philosophical text regarding discouraging rabbits from eating our grass by spraying Mint & water on it; my own response was, "It's called managing our environment" and Kathy's response was, "Our Environment is managing us"! See, that is even suggestive that we are left to examine our motives, I suppose...food for thought, though Not for Rabbits! LOL!

The more we examine our world around us begs us to gain insight into our motives and beliefs..Gillian, you triggered my inner thoughts this morning, if not you, my daily Meditations do! thanks for sharing with us!!

IMG_6680.thumb.jpg.9b8c552179e7d450de5719e8439feec9.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing Rick! I think there is something really nice about putting to words what it is we are minding. When I wrote my own observations yesterday, it helped me to really tune in more to what I was perceiving. As you mention, there is much to examine! From the weather to our inner workings and biases. It is an inquiry that again as you say offers ever-deepening insights. ✨

I'm very mindful today of my teachers. Even before checking out the posts on death awareness meditation, I'd met with my business mentor. He's back at work after a near-death hospitalization - and I'm so grateful to see him back in action. 

The more I meditate, the more I think of the many teachers I've had over the years. It's amazing when you focus on each and every one as much as you can. Even the smallest memory creates a spark.

• Like 1