Gillian Florence

Who do you wish to share mindfulness with professionally?

This week's question asks:

Who do you wish to share mindfulness with professionally?

You might already be sharing mindfulness with a certain group of people professionally or you may be in the stage of figuring out how exactly you will do this. In any case, what is the niche of people you would like to facilitate? How old are they, what life experiences have they had, what do you want them to experience or learn?

Hello my specific group of people to share this with is children, I wish I had mindfulness as a child, these are tools that are life changing on every level. I imagine giving kids a good start in life living with mindfulness and compassion. I also want to specifically work with healthcare professionals. As a registered nurse, I know all to well the stress, and burnout that comes with taking care ill, and vulnerable patients as well as their families, this is a wonderful skill set for healthcare especially during and after this pandemic

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for sharing @Fordstacie. These are such important niches to offer mindfulness to for all the reasons you mentioned. I, too, wish I had been introduced to mindfulness as a child. I remember when I first encountered mindfulness (in Jon Kabat-Zinn's book 'Wherever You Go, There You Are'), I was in my early 20s. It was as if a lightbulb went off - it just made SO much sense to me. So simple, and yet I wondered how I hadn't come across these teachings before. 

I’m building an online learning environment that will market mindfulness (and related) courses to these demographics via custom ads / targeted landing pages: activists, trauma survivors, seniors, artists and writers. Depending on which ‘gate’ they access the site through, students will be served mindfulness course content that’s tailored to their interest. 

• Like 1

What great niches Jeff! I get the feeling that many of these communities are underserved when it comes to mindfulness teachings and all would do well with tailored teachings I imagine.

I like to consider myself as a flexible Coach; I see myself engaging with Corporate Executives, Managers, and Individuals as well as Teaching in my Community

and surrounding Cities. e. g. Various Healthcare Systems would be ideal as well!

• Like 1

Hi Gillian,  I am aiming to work with people who work in the helping (health, community, social care) and arts based professions, who already have a basic interest and/or curiosity about mindfulness as well as people who are more experienced in mindfulness.   Within this broad category of people, I am aiming to focus specifically on people at specific life stages:  

a) Newly qualified and practicing professionals at the start of their career - to nurture strong resilient foundations, self awareness and self-compassion to balance with any burgeoning sense of ambition

b) Established professionals with a young family and/or ageing parents - to nurture a sense of space and calm, better flow and harmonious relationships

c) Professionals looking for a change, re-evaluating their career choice, values

The reason I have focussed on these life stages is because it was at these points in my life that I realised the importance of mindfulness meditation for me to prevent burnout from stress and overwhelm, to recognise the necessity of looking after myself first always, to better care for others.

Great question by the way!

Best wishes

Tony

• Like 1

That sounds great @finestcoaching524@gmail.com!

And @TonyB - I can really see a need for mindful support and guidance in these categories. I resonate a lot with your third category as mindfulness became a big part of my life when I was working in the hospitality industry. I knew it was in alignment with what I wanted in life, but I wasn't sure where to go. Overtime, mindfulness and meditation were a big part of what led me into the next phase as a freelance writer and yoga + meditation practitioner.

• Like 1