Gillian Florence

Mindfulness for Mums and Dads

Hello all! I was emailing with one of our members who shared that she is looking to share mindfulness with mums to help them cope with all that comes with parenting.

I shared with her some of the worksheets and scripts in the program that are parenting-specific (as well as some that are geared towards witnessing and navigating difficult emotions), but I'm curious if anyone else has suggestions or recommended resources and readings for someone looking to work with this group. 

For those interested, some of the resources I shared were:

Under the Mindfulness Worksheets section - the categories 'Family', 'Relationships', and 'Emotions'

Under the Mindfulness Scripts section - 'Focusing on Pregnancy and Motherhood', 'Gratitude for Pregnancy', 'Using RAIN for Difficult Emotions', 'Recognizing Your Resilience to Difficulty', 'Build Resilience to Your Response to Anger'

Is there anything else (within or outside the program) to support parents using mindfulness?

• Like 1

Hello! How are you? 

Thank you for creating this group! I am happy to support in whatever way I can. I am a certified Mindfulness pre-school teacher as well as a certified Adult and Childrens Yoga Teacher.  I have created The Mindful Care Collective and The Mindful Nanny Collective. I train caregivers of children through in- person consulting, coaching and virtual platforms to embody and model behaviors to children to improve executive functions in the brain including cognitive control, working memory, social emotional skills and cognitive flexibility. With the goal to help the next generation adapt and thrive in an ever-changing world.

Happy to help in whatever way I can. Here is a link to my site for more info. If anyone is interested when you sign up for my newsletter on my site you will be given access to my FREE subsciber hub that supports famili's in mindfulness practices. I have just launched the subscriber hub and I add new content monthly. You can find the website here The Mindful Care Collective.

I hope you have a lovely day! I would love to connect with you Gillian as well! Take care!

Warmly,

Alexaraye Vallejo

Email Me Here To Contact

• Like 1

Hi Alexaraye! It is lovely to connect with you. Thank you for sharing your work. It is very inspiring and your website is beautiful. I read a bit about your background and it seems that you have a wealth of experience with children and are able to really cater mindfulness to a defined niche. 

I will send you a note to chat more 🙂