sandra@iphouse.com

Hello from Minneapolis Mn

Hello everyone. My name is Sandra. I just joined so I’m still finding my way around the website. I have been practicing mindfulness and other meditations  of various forms for a long time.  I am a yoga instructor by trade. I enjoy yoga because of the mind body connection. The concept of mindfulness has gradually crept into my life. I’ve gone to a few workshops and mindfulness meditation and find it valuable in all areas of my life.  I am looking forward to deepening my practice and understanding  of mindfulness and eventually sharing it with others. I believe it will benefit everyone no matter where they are in life. I want to share mindfulness with everyone. I look forward to meeting others in this community.

• Like 1

Hello Gillian. I teach Hatha   and a slow flow yoga.  I like to explore the pose and spend time in it. I like to allow my students to feel the pose in their body. You could also say I teach mindful yoga as well. One of the instructors that inspired me to teach yoga type mindful yoga. I incorporated a lot of her style of teaching into my yoga.  

• Administrators
On 4/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, sandra@iphouse.com said:

Hello Gillian. I teach Hatha   and a slow flow yoga.  I like to explore the pose and spend time in it. I like to allow my students to feel the pose in their body. You could also say I teach mindful yoga as well. One of the instructors that inspired me to teach yoga type mindful yoga. I incorporated a lot of her style of teaching into my yoga.  

That's wonderful! Your style sounds very similar to mine. I tend to hold poses for quite some time, turning each asana into a 'mini meditation'. It's a very grounding way to practice.

I've also just signed up for an online restorative yoga course, which I think will be a nice compliment to Hatha. Slow flow sounds lovely too!