Gillian Florence

Hello from Stockholm

• Administrators

Hello everyone! My name is Gillian and I'm a writer and yoga & meditation teacher based in Stockholm. I'm from Toronto originally and only just moved to Stockholm in May 2019 to live with my Swedish partner. I have two dogs and live a pretty low-key life (especially at the moment given the pandemic we're experiencing).

I look forward to connecting with you all!

• Like 2

Hello from Newport Rhode Island! My name is Allison and I’m excited to participate in this program, especially during this time. I look forward to developing my own mindfulness practice for calm,ease, and total wellbeing to keep my body and mind at rest. I also look forward to applying this practice to my work as a teacher of yoga and mindful movement. A week in and I’m really enjoying the shift. 

• Like 1

Allison Schumann

Hello, I'm Jermaine from Toronto (like you, Gillian!) and I just joined this mastermind. I've practiced yoga and meditation off and on for over 20 years, and I got certified to teach yoga last year. My YTT program included a meditation module and I was reminded how much sitting quietly with myself means to me. I'll always be grateful that I've been able to re-establish my daily meditation practice during this pandemic.

I work in corporate (executive support and communications) and started teaching chair yoga at work after becoming certified. Recently, while working from home, I launched a wellness program with chair yoga videos, meditations and breathing exercises to support our employees and help them to calm, connect and relieve stress. Eventually I want to increase my focus on teaching meditation/mindfulness in corporate environments, and I thought this mastermind was a perfect resource for doing that.

Looking forward to chatting and connecting 🙂

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 4/28/2020 at 10:10 PM, jermaine.stennett@gmail.com said:

Hello, I'm Jermaine from Toronto (like you, Gillian!) and I just joined this mastermind. I've practiced yoga and meditation off and on for over 20 years, and I got certified to teach yoga last year. My YTT program included a meditation module and I was reminded how much sitting quietly with myself means to me. I'll always be grateful that I've been able to re-establish my daily meditation practice during this pandemic.

I work in corporate (executive support and communications) and started teaching chair yoga at work after becoming certified. Recently, while working from home, I launched a wellness program with chair yoga videos, meditations and breathing exercises to support our employees and help them to calm, connect and relieve stress. Eventually I want to increase my focus on teaching meditation/mindfulness in corporate environments, and I thought this mastermind was a perfect resource for doing that.

Looking forward to chatting and connecting 🙂

Hello Jermaine! Nice to meet a fellow Torontonian 🙂 Welcome to the Mastermind community!

That's wonderful that you've developed a wellness program from home. Are you just working from home now because of the pandemic?

And yes, having a daily practice has been a wonderful support for me during these times as well. It makes me think of a painted sign at the ashram I studied at. It read: "Practice while you can. You'll need it when you can't." Though I am still practicing now, it is true that our practice during times of ease prepares us for these times of great flux.

I hope you are doing well where you are!