In the workbook there are what appears to be text fields for answering questions. These text fields are dead (iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation). I’m not clear if this is an incompatibility with my device or if there is somewhere else I should be uploading answers to these questions. Please advise.

C672478E-07CD-4E2C-919D-D262A993E75A.png

I’m having the same problem. I like to work on my iPad. I contacted the helpdesk and they basically told me I had to save and make a new copy every time I added something. I’ve started with a separate document putting my answers on that document. I wish I could just work right into the workbook. I want to add more thoughts if they come up for more ideas. I don’t want to have to Save and make a whole new copy each time I add a sentence.  If you figure out how you can work in the workbook and be more flexible just leave a post. I want to know also.

1 hour ago, sandra@iphouse.com said:

I’ve started with a separate document putting my answers on that document. 

Hi Sandra, 

You’re making more progress than I am. 🙂

How did you make a separate document? Are there individual documents somewhere for each section of the workbook? 

• Like 1

Hello to you both!

Hmmm, this might not apply to iPads but as I'm working on a desktop, I'll offer what works for me to see if perhaps it works on your end:

When you are in a particular lesson and you click the download button, it will download a PDF file that allows you to type your answers into the boxes. Then you can save as a PDF, and while you can't then easily edit what you've already written, you could add a text box for additional comments when you reopen that PDF. Does that make sense? Let me know if any of this is possible and if not I'll connect with the tech person.

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, jeffrey108miller@gmail.com said:

Hi Sandra, 

You’re making more progress than I am. 🙂

How did you make a separate document? Are there individual documents somewhere for each section of the workbook? 

Right now they’re all in one document. I wrote the question and then added the answer after the question. I was hoping to cut and paste the page into the document but it didn’t work very well. Right now I’m using Pages but I’m pondering trying other wordprocessing programs. Maybe Google docs or investing in word 360.  Let me know if you find one that you can cut and paste the pages in could success are that you come up with a good method. If I find something I like I will let you know as well.

Edited by sandra@iphouse.com

I finally figured it out. I downloaded a worksheet PDF to the ipad, located it in the iCloud Drive, and am able to type in the text fields and save. Hope this helps.

I guess we are supposed to email all these completed worksheet PDFs to Sean at the point that we apply for certification. I’m not seeing anything about evaluation / feedback as we go but I may have missed it.

Hi Sandra! So I guess you have the entire workbook as a single document at the moment. If you go into the individual lessons, you can find the section associated with that particular lesson. So for instance, here in chapter 12 - https://mindfulnessmastermind.com/course/common-questions/ - you can scroll down and find just that section of the workbook. Let me know if that helps!

I spoke too soon. I can download a worksheet PDF, open it, put my cursor in a text field and type. However, the text field only accepts 3- 4 lines of text and doesn’t allow me to cut / paste into it. There’s other bugs also, related to saving the doc and to  selecting / copying the text in the doc. For example, I’m going to have to cut / paste each segment of each PDF into a text doc (can’t ‘select all’). 

These problems are unique to the PDFs here in MM. I don’t experience these issues with other PDFs.  There are other ipad bugs with the site in general in iPad Pro 12.9 4th generation. Nothing that can’t be worked around so far. It just means that everything takes more time. Just letting you know that it seems the site hasn’t been completely optimized for IOS, which isn’t really unusual. Web devs tend to put less time into optimizing for Apple mobile OS.

Wow!!! I can see I am not alone...Sean should know that not all of us have the same Operating Systems...let me be very clear; I have an Apple macOS Catalina version 10.15.6...I emailed Kaila, and saw she was using Google Chrome, so I downloaded the Chrome; I proceeded to our Dashboard; went to Lesson#1-Worksheet-could not type in in it assuming it's a PDF...no go!!! 

Help Gillian! There needs to be a Universal system that works for all, short of Printing out all the Worksheets then sending in which would be Piles of docs:(...there has to be a Better way...I emailed Kaila, but she has not responded yet...what time Zone is she so we know when reasonably she can get back to us, please? BTW, I typing all this in Chrome...why, I'm not sure:(

I thought that was going to resolve this...this has not been a productive day so far...wow, talk about being transparent:(

• Like 1

Hi Gillian...

Another concern: In Lesson 1's Sheets on page 11 under "Mindful Practice and Teaching Exercise" It says to choose 2 exercises:

"'Eating Mindfully" and 'Eating Meditation' located in the Appendix". well , the 2 exercises that are designated there are: "Short Mindful Eating Exercise" and the "Long Mindful Exercise", so that is very confusing to tell us one way then label another way...see how that is confusing?? Still perplexed...

Hi Rick,

I am sorry that this is not working on your end! Let me do my best to answer and for what I need help with, I will reach out to those who have the answers and get back to you.

So first, when you go to lesson 1 for instance, are you trying to type directly into the worksheet on the webpage or have you downloaded it? You won't be able to type into the fields until it is downloaded and you are working with the PDF file on your computer.

Let me know if you've downloaded it and if you have and the issue is still there, I will check with Kaila. 

Regarding the second concern. Yes, I can absolutely see how this is confusing. I am going to pass this on to Sean to get the names changed, but you are right that these are the two exercises to be working with.

Let me know about the first concern, if you have the PDF downloaded, and we'll go from there!

Ok, Gillian,

Yes, I downloaded it, & yes, I can now type in the Workbook, then how should I save it? Was not sure...I go to File and "Save"? Or Do a "save as" do a Save as? The other issue is when I go to the Doc to send, it is requiring me to purchase an PDF upgrade...

...I'm trying...and I have to go now...my Fiancee & I are still working as it has become puzzling as it is...

I'll check in later...thanks,

~~~Rick~~~

Okay so make sure when you are typing into it, you have opened the file from your computer wherever it is saved. Then you can save it as any name that makes sense to you. 

When you need to send it, you don't need to send it from Adobe. You'll just attach the file to an email and send to the recipient as usual. Does that make sense?

Enjoy the mindful break!

Hey Gillian,

These Worksheets are many many pages in the end; do you know how much Memory that'll take? 

We are talking about 20 Lessons Worksheets...we are not talking a single saved Worksheet...it's possibly 20  Lessons X at least 3 + pages to each Lesson-that turns out to be 60 + pages...that's like a Short Book...I don't understand why this was not resolved to begin with. 

I have to ask, what did the last class do? Have other classes had the same Problem? I cant even save my first Lesson Worksheet cause I am being forced to buy an upgraded PDF program; there has to be a better resolve than this...is Sean aware of this issue?...unless someone has already has a bright solution....another Mindful pause:)