Gillian Florence

Teaching via Zoom

• Administrators

Hi community!

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has been teaching on Zoom over these past few months. I know that some of our members are curious about teaching online and I, too, would be interested to hear about your experiences/suggestions for successfully holding online classes. How do you create a sense of safety? How do you cultivate focus and connection? I've held a couple of classes online since the start of the pandemic and have found that it's very different than my in-person yoga and meditation classes. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or insights to offer on this subject? And what platforms are people using? Zoom seems like the most popular but perhaps you have another recommendation.

Hey Gillian,

I have not done one yet, however, Diana Winston of MARC (Mindfulness Awareness Research Center of CA) runs one every Thursday @ 2:30PM/CDT; I attended her last one; globally, she literally hod 251 Folks on it; she's been doing Virtual Zooms since March, I believe. She is very Popular! Would you like the Link? You have to register for Free ahead of time; that way you can see her witness her content; she basically derives a Theme each week. So let me  know; in the future we could begin our own Private Group for Students here!!! What do you think?

• Administrators

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the tip! I have never heard of Diana Winston but will check her out. The timing is a bit too late for me here in Stockholm, but you are welcome to share the link for anyone else who may be interested.

And members are absolutely welcome to start there own practice groups 🙂 I know Sean is holding a weekly group, but I am not sure if it includes practice still or is more support and Q&A. Have you been to one of his weekly sessions recently?

Yes, Gillian, I was present for one Q & A...I was hoping for a Presentation, yet the Q & A was a different approach...

Here is Diana Winston's link at the Hammer Museum; you have to Register for Free each week:

https://hammer.ucla.edu/programs-events/2014/05/mindful-awareness-meditation     Hope y'all can join us...for us it is 2:30PM in Texas; for you would be 9:30PM in Stockholm...hope to see you there! You have Snow today? We are 68 Degrees right now...

Our Facebook and Linkedin Global Mindful Meditation Groups: Both groups are growing...I am introducing the Groups to our Tools here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlobalMindfulMeditationGroup/

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12268868/

Edited by finestcoaching524@gmail.com
elimination of a word
  • Like 1

Hi Gillian,

Do you know if any of Sean’s weekly Wednesday sessions will be posted? I’m hoping to make the 17th as that starts at 4pm here, but have missed the other ones. (I did get to participate in Chris Germer’s presentation!) I’ve been listening to past ones.

Thanks. 
Lisa

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, lisammany@gmail.com said:

Hi Gillian,

Do you know if any of Sean’s weekly Wednesday sessions will be posted? I’m hoping to make the 17th as that starts at 4pm here, but have missed the other ones. (I did get to participate in Chris Germer’s presentation!) I’ve been listening to past ones.

Thanks. 
Lisa

Hi Lisa! I know that last week's will be posted shortly (from Feb 3rd) but I am not sure about the previous ones. I will check in to find out and let you know. If I see it come up in the 'Workshops' section, I'll also give you a heads up 🙂

Your Welcome, Lisa:)

We are a Team here, though wish more would participate.

Off the cuff here, Gillian, but is Sean open to & willing to do some Classes on "How to Market our Mindfulness Services"?

Just curious...I know you passed on that Marketing Article which I have misplaced in my notes; for one thing not all of us have Clients; some do, some of us do not; I have submitted a Proposal to a couple of Cities and a Healthcare system, which have come up blank, so far, though I did receive some minute Leads from one of those city HR Directors...just curious....and it seems this Community would be more helpful to us, with those who already have Clients could share how they got their clients to begin with...there are Stories there that some of us need to hear...is there anyway, you can invite others to come here to share?

It seems there's a divide here....pausing...it's almost like the have's are happy with what they have & are not sharing...does that makes sense with a slight judgement ( when we are not suppose to be judging, please forgive my judging:(. )...I am ranting so I'll quit...

P.S. Would you mind reposting that Article please? I'll repost the Link to my E-Notes...which reminds me...is there a way for Post, i.e. Share Files, so all can benefit? In any case, my Intention is looking out for all.

• Administrators

Hey Rick,

Here is the link to the article I had shared in a separate thread - https://yogainternational.com/article/view/marketing-tips-for-teachers-how-to-reach-more-students-and-stay-true-to-you

I will certainly pass on the request to Sean for a talk on how to market mindfulness services. In terms of inviting others to share here in the community, I try to make a note of it in our monthly newsletters (which are sent out typically just before a guest speaker joins us, so early next week). I would absolutely love it if more people joined us here in the community, so here's hoping! 

That is a fantastic idea Rick! Thank you for asking. And thank you Gillian for all you do to keep this this community forum going. Connection during this process is really important to me because I learn so much from others. And as you know, I'm unable to attend the weekly sessions due to work, (except for the guest speakers as it is a later time, and I have more of a chance), so this is my only "live" connection. I was actually thinking yesterday about how great you are in responding to people so quickly. You are always right on it! 🙂 I appreciate you both and hope that you have a great day!

• Thanks 1

Your Welcome, Lisa:)

We are a Team here, though wish more would participate; I'll bring it up today in the Session today...I'm sure it may seem to be off topic, tho very relative to some of us, right Lisa?

Lisa, reach out anytime...there is No I in Team! Even, email too if you like.

Thanks, Gillian for reposting that article; I'll save to my enotes!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you Lisa! I do try to make regular check-ins 🙂 I try to take weekends off, but sometimes I am still able to pop in if there is something urgent. Also, Sean said that 90% of the weekly Q&As should be uploaded. I'm still keeping my eye out for the Feb. 3rd one, which I know is coming...

Rick, I hope the call was helpful yesterday!

Wishing you both well.