Kim McCann

Introduction

Hello!

just wanted to introduce myself to this mindfulness community. My name is Kim and I live in the Bay Area. I became interested in mindfulness meditation to help heal myself emotionally.. I started with guided meditations and noticed how much better I felt mentally after the practice and then took Jon Kabat-Zinn’s MBSR course to deepen my practice and learn more about mindfulness. I found myself in a more relaxed and calm state of mind after my mindfulness practice especially practice with the breathing. I want to be a mindful meditation teacher so I can give others the tools that can help them manage whatever they are going through and learn to heal themselves. 
I am eager to learn about how to use Sean’s curriculum to help teach others in schools, health clinics, businesses and communities in need.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Kim! A warm welcome to our program and community. I'm Gillian, part of Sean's support team.

Thanks for sharing a bit about your journey into mindfulness. I, too, connected with Jon Kabat-Zinn's teachings at the start of my mindfulness journey - but not through the MBSR course. I was looking for more meaning in my life and insight into the anxiety and mild depression I was experiencing. I stumbled upon and read 'Wherever You Go, There You Are' and it felt life-changing. 

Reach out if you have any questions as you dive into the program. However, note that I will be taking maternity leave from August 11th, so you can also get support from/pose questions to @saramai, another Mindfulness Exercises colleague 🙂