Jennifer Wexler

Hello from Georgia!

Hi all beautiful souls. I am excited to apart of this group of like minded people. Sometimes I feel like I am on an island by myself and when I saw this opportunity for this certification it was at a perfect time. I am a yoga teacher of 20 plus years, 2 months ago I left my comfortable day job to pursue my dream of being a healer/guide for people. I am getting some certifications to continue my education on yoga psychology and mindfulness. I am always looking to learn and grow. I have been through some traumas in my life, but one dear to me is to help widows heal after loosing their loved one. I became a widow 3 years ago and yoga/ meditation and practicing living truly in the present moment saved my life. I want to share and help others heal and move peacefully forward in their life. Peace to you all 😀

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for the introduction and welcome to the program. I am so sorry to hear of your loss and am glad that you've had your practices as support amidst that huge life change.

It sounds like you are in another transition period as you are stepping beyond what is comfortable to pursue your dream. Congratulations on making that move.

And yes - you are amongst many like-minded individuals!

I'm Gillian - by the way. Part of Sean's support team. You can reach out if you have any questions about the program, but note that I will be going on maternity leave from August 11th, so if you have questions beyond then, you can reach out to @saramai.conway@gmail.com who is also on the team 🙂

With gratitude,

Gillian

• Like 1

Hi Gillian!

Thank you for your reply. I have a question regarding moving through the course. Do I message it here or is there another email to use?

Congratulations on your pregnancy wishing many blessings to you and your family!

Have a great day

• Like 1

Hi Gillian,

I am starting the program. I need some guidance please. I am squirrely LOL and want to make sure I am following the program correctly. I am having a hard time finding the course video on research for neuroplasticity, symptom reduction, biological markers. After I finish the workbook where do I navigate the program from there?

Thank you,

• Administrators

Hi Jennifer!

So when you go to the main course page (here), there are four tabs that open up: Preface; Mindfulness Teaching Fundamentals Course; Resources/Appendix; MBI:TAC Resources for Self-Assessment

Click on 'Mindfulness Teaching Fundamentals Course' and then 'Lesson 2: Research on Mindfulness'. At the top of the page that opens up is the video you're look for. Each chapter has a video that pairs with it.

Once you are finished with this course and the workbook, you can review the 'How to Guide Mindfulness Meditations Course'. The additional requirements for certification are listed here: https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/mindfulness-meditation-teacher-certification/

And in addition, there are a ton of resources and other courses you can explore at your leisure, including the weekly calls and guest teacher workshops.

I hope that helps!

Hi good morning,

I was wondering how long it usually takes people to move through this program? I know it's individual but is there an amount of time like 6 months to complete it or how many hours is this program? Just trying to set some goals:)

thank you so very much.

• Administrators

I would say in terms of months, 4 months would be on the lower end. And on the other hand, some people take 2 or 3 years to move through it. In terms of hours, it depends a bit on your comfort level with teaching mindfulness (some people might need more practice time), but around 70-80 hours would be a general estimate for personal practice, leading the 21 meditations, and moving through the required courses. Some people also choose to go through the Mindfulness Teaching Fundamentals Course a couple of times, so that would increase the hours.