Sarah Samaan

Looking forward to being part of this community

Hi-

I'm Sarah. I recently retired from my medical practice as a cardiologist, after nearly 35 years as a physician. I currently work as a medical writer for an online resource for laypeople.  I've practiced yoga for over 25 years, and a few months before I retired, I completed yoga teacher training. (One of the "gifts" of the pandemic was the opportunity to learn remotely, so I was able to take advantage of that through a school based in the UK.) I began practicing yoga to heal, balance, and  strengthen after a riding accident (I compete in the equestrian sport of Dressage), but soon found that yoga changed my life in so many ways. It has made me a calmer, more thoughtful person, as well as a much better partner for my horses.  Yoga helped me immeasurably in my medical practice, getting through many very long and difficult days and nights, and dealing with very stressed out, sick patients and their families.

My initial thought was to share yoga as a teacher, but I think that my deeper skill set and interests lie in helping other people on a more personal basis. I am currently completing a mindfulness coaching program, but to be honest, the program that I am doing is more or less self-guided, without the direct involvement and teaching of a true leader in the art of mindfulness. After looking through the details of this program, it looks like exactly what I need. I am really excited to get started on this journey, and to see where it will take me.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi @Sarah Samaan! Welcome to the program and the community space. Thanks so much for this introduction.

I'm Gillian - part of Sean's support team. You can reach out at any time if questions arise as you move through things.

It sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge and experience behind you that this training program will complement beautifully. The course is largely self-paced, but the Tuesday and Wednesday calls are wonderful opportunities to connect with the community live.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Gillian

• Like 1