NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×

Hello fellow meditators,

I hope you are enjoying the day. My name is Teresa, but my nickname is "Terry".  I am looking forward to diving into this program.  I learned meditation ten years ago in an Intuitive Training program.  I have practiced Ascension Meditation for several years now and love the benefits of guided, grounding meditations.  During the pandemic I started my own meditation group and loved it. 

My life got turned upside down in 2020, when my husband passed away.  I am working through my grief with meditation.  I am also a Reiki Master, which is helpful too.  As I carry on with this new chapter in life, I am trying to figure out what I want to do.  I am hopeful with this program I can gain some clarity and direction and be of service to others. I have participated in A Course In Miracles study group for the last four years and with the combination of the above ~ Reiki, Meditation, and ACIM, I hope to one day host workshops to assist others in navigating the world we live in, and find joy in every day.

Best, Terry Ciarfaglio

Edited by Teresa Ciarfaglio
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Terry,

A warm, warm welcome to you. First I want to say I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. I can only imagine what a challenging time the past few years must have been. I am glad that you have some tools to support you in navigating the grief.

Your vision of hosting workshops to help others navigate this world is beautiful. I have no doubt this program will beautifully complement your existing training and experience.

I'm Gillian by the way - part of Sean's support team. Reach out if you have any questions as you move through things.

With gratitude,

Gillian

Hello Gillian, 

Thank you for your kind words. Life has indeed been challenging and stressful.  I figure this mindfulness program may really help me. (It certainly can't hurt!)  The more tools the better.  I do have a lot of questions, but admittedly, I have just been looking at each drop down box and all of the topics, which seems a bit overwhelming.

A couple of quick questions, and perhaps the answers are in the workbook? = Are we suppose to fill out each "worksheet" as we go along? Also, is there a tutorial for the community page?  I see there are badges we can earn, but I don't really understand how it works?   

I am 55 and I am sure this old dog can learn new tricks, but I have never taken an online class like this, so trying to figure it all out.  I must say, I do like the self study aspect of it.  I think I read it takes an average of 10 months to complete the program?   I may take longer as I am also working part-time.

Anyway, Happy Friday and I hope you enjoy your day!   I look forward to viewing the vides = Looks like a lot of great info here!!  Be well, Terry

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Terry,

So for any supplemental work the workbook asks you to do (i.e. worksheets), these do not need to be turned in when you submit for certification. The certification requirements are outlined here - https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/mindfulness-meditation-teacher-certification/. In terms of written work, the Mindfulness Teaching Fundamentals workbook, 7 self-assessment forms, and the meditation log are what need to be completed. 

For a short tutorial of the community page:

1. Start at the homepage of the community - https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/community/

2. Scroll down a bit and on the right hand side beneath the 'Announcements' and above 'Recent Posts', you'll see there is a play button you can hit. This provides a brief overview of the community. It does not elaborate about badges though as they're not a focus/requirement for the program (the 'badges' system is woven into the community platform and there is no clear outline for how you receive badges, but it appears the more you post and interact, the more 'badges' are offered'.)

Students of the program take their own time to complete all the requirements - some completing in 5-6 months, others in 1-2 years or more. After certification, you will continue to have access to the materials and recordings for the lifetime of the program.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with 🙂