Melissa Barnes

Greetings from Maryland / Indiana

Hi everyone! I'm a retired Air Force veteran and YogaFit level 1 instructor.  I've done yoga for over 20 years, but finally committed to bringing this practice to others to share the joy.  I have been using the Calm app as part of my personal mindfulness practice for some time (5+ years?); in fact, I 'discovered' positive psychology thanks to the Calm app's Masterclass with Shawn Achor.  I bought his book "The Happiness Advantage" and it really got me interested in the power of mindfulness and the amazing connection between happiness and productivity - not just for work, but personal self-actualization.  While in the military, I was a resilience trainer and suicide prevention/awareness advocate and instructor for 8+ years, and the certification process here as well as the well-designed curriculum brought me here.  I'm dedicated to supporting high-performing members of our community who are dedicated to giving back and making this world a better place.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Melissa! Sending you a warm welcome to our program and community. I'm Gillian - part of Sean's support team. 

It sounds like you have such a wealth of training and experience behind you that mindfulness will complement very well.

If you have any questions as you navigate the material, reach out at any time.

With gratitude,

Gillian