NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
Colleen Fletcher

Workbook Problems

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with the workbook?

90% of the time when I go back and check the answers I have written, then try to correct something small, the whole piece is deleted. 

What have you done to fix this issue?

Is there a setting I need to change?

Do you put all of your answers into a new document?

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Hi Colleen, 

By the way, are you a Microsoft or Apple User? Sometimes that makes the difference; I am an Apple User.

I had problems in the beginning too, yet not now...  Have you downloaded your Workbook to your computer? If not, then do a "Save as" to your Files where you keep pertinent Mindful Files? Once saved, it should be in your "Save as" file. Then when you work on yiur next Chapter, do another "save as", then your PC might ask you if you want to "Replace" your Notebook; at that point, Click "Replace", & it will be saved with your new work completed. Don't know if that helps, hope so:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello! I am also having this issue! I am pretty bummed this is the 2nd time I have completed lesson 16 on again and filled out the answers. It took me HOURS to complete this again 😞

Has there been a resolve in this? Id hate for future students to go through this.  I am so bummed! 

Warmly,

Alexaraye 

Edited by themindfulcarecollective@gmail.com

• Administrators

Hi all! Apologies for the delay. I've been on holiday since Dec. 23rd. Alexaraye, I sent you an email back so we can discuss your case that way.

For anyone else, I will second what Rick has said. Though this may not be the issue for everyone, a lot of people access the workbook first THROUGH their browser, i.e. Google Chrome. Anything typed in here will be lost. 

For anyone having this issue now or in the future, try the following:

1. Find the complete workbook here: https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/course/mindfulness-teaching-fundamentals/

2. Near the top-right corner of the workbook, there is a button that says 'Download' if you hover over it. Download from there.

3. Open that file, but do not begin typing anything into it. It will likely have opened in your browser and nothing written while you are viewing the document in your browser will save. So, you need to hit the 'Download' button again or 'Save As' in order to save a copy on your computer. Save it in a place where you will remember it. The next time you add to your workbook, make sure you are adding to this file and not to anything in your Downloads folder. In other words, there may be two copies on your computer, so just be mindful of that.

4. Each time you will need to 'Save As' to replace the previous version. If you want to play it extra safe, email yourself the PDF file every now and again so you ensure you have a backup.

To Colleen's question about the Adobe version to use: I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2021.005.20048 and have not run into this issue. And if you need a Word version of this workbook, please email Kaila at support@mindfulnessexercises.com 

I hope this helps someone now or in the future!

• Like 1

I am not having problems with the workbook, I did make a copy and have been been able to fill it out, save and retrieve successfully.

However, although I have clicked "next lesson" after completing, the system does not recognize and move onto the next lesson.  I have tried to initiate from the left menu option but it too will not recognize my completion.  It seems to have halted on Lesson 16 and I am up to Lesson 18 and it is still not recognizing my completion of the prior lessons.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, myyogaroomelements@gmail.com said:

I am not having problems with the workbook, I did make a copy and have been been able to fill it out, save and retrieve successfully.

However, although I have clicked "next lesson" after completing, the system does not recognize and move onto the next lesson.  I have tried to initiate from the left menu option but it too will not recognize my completion.  It seems to have halted on Lesson 16 and I am up to Lesson 18 and it is still not recognizing my completion of the prior lessons.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Hey! I sent a direct message as well, but I will answer here in case others have the same issue. I think this could be a cookies/cache/storage expert (I'm not great with tech stuff, but I imagine it's something like this). But, in any case, you do not have to worry about the system not registering your lesson completion with a green checkmark. Your workbook will let us know if you've gone through and digested the material.