Gillian Florence

What is your mindfulness teaching vision?

• Administrators

Let's take a moment to dream big - to share our visions for teaching mindfulness. Do you wish to hold retreats one day? Do you wish to have your own meditation studio? Do you wish to write a book on mindfulness? Do you wish to make a powerful difference in someone's life? Do you wish to work one-to-one or with groups? All or some of the above? Something else?

Let me know what comes up for you as you sit with this question: What is your mindfulness teaching vision? Paint it out in as much detail as you like.

• Like 3

I am glad to hear that I am not alone in the floating thoughts, Gillian. 

I currently do some 1:1 mindfulness work and have presented some of the principles of mindfulness to groups. I plan to hone in on creating a mindfulness group program and to create day long retreats that may expand to weekend retreats. 

Thank you for the question - it inspired me as well to put into writing what I really want to do with what I am learning rather than just taking another course for the heck of it. 

• Like 3

I was inspired to do this program after coming across a job posting for a mindfulness teacher working with high school students that sounded amazing to me, but I didn't have any credentials I could show that exemplifies "I know how to do this". I would absolutely love to teach mindfulness as my full-time job. I don't know if that will come to pass or not, but I know that doing this course will be so helpful! In the meantime, mindfulness is what has sustained me through some very difficult times in my life, and it continues to sustain me and enrich my life. Even if I don't end up being a full-time mindfulness teacher, I have the idea that I want to lead a meditation group in whatever workplace I find myself next. We had a meditation group in my previous workplace, and I so appreciated having that opportunity at work to step away from my computer and just sit with some of my coworkers. It was so good for my spirit, and I think it was so good for fostering a sense of community and mutual support at work.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing this Melissa!

Mindfulness in the workplace is really so valuable as it offers that time to just pause, check in, and as you said, build a sense of community and support. It reminds us that even though we have taken on whatever role our job title indicates, we are humans just having a human experience and that the same goes for our co-workers. 💗

Love this question...I am finally at a point in my life, where I can really believe in myself and my vision.  

I am compiling a list of possible holistic venues, expos, & festivals for retreats. I currently work out of a Wellness Center and plan on offering one on one & group meditations there as well as expand to other centers in nearby towns.  I was invited to a local university to talk with Freshman about breathwork and meditation in September and they have asked me back to speak with 2 other classes. I would love to be able to teach Mindfulness Meditation as part of First Year Seminar classes in local Universities. My vision is to reach as many people as possible and plant the seeds for spiritual growth. I am fortunate to have the time and freedom to be open to wherever Universe guides me.

• Like 2