Gillian Florence

Mindfulness Exercises Podcast

• Administrators

Hi everyone! I've recently learned that there is an upcoming Mindfulness Exercises Podcast in the works, and we are curious:

What mindfulness-related topics are you interested in learning more about? What would you hope to gain or learn through listening to a podcast dedicated to mindfulness?

These can be questions or curiosities related to your personal mindfulness practice or to your experience as a teacher (or teacher in training). Share any thoughts with us here and I'll make sure to pass them on. 

With gratitude,

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Here are a few of mine:

1. The Simplest shortest ways to explain the Neuro-Scientific benefits of Mindfulness & Meditation-e.g. Use of Metaphors, etc.

2. What are some difficult questions we could be asked, not that we have all the answers either?

3. How does one balance paying attention to the group's Awareness vs. plugging into your own practice during Meditation?

Hope this will help with possible topics.

• Like 1

Hi Gillian:

Today I read an excerpt from The Collected Works of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche explaining the causes and remedies of samsara, or suffering. Central to Buddhism, as I understand it, is that feeding the concept or the "self" (the "I"/"mine" delusion) is one of the main causes of distorted realities, desires, and attachments, all of which lead to suffering (this much I understand and agree with). He then proposes that in order to stop the suffering, among other things, we must understand that the "self" is a mere concept and that we must examine the non-existence of the self. I would love to learn more about how we can learn to examine/understand the "non-existence" of the self, what does it really mean?

• Like 1