Gillian Florence

Mindfulness Exercises Podcast

• Administrators

Hi everyone! I've recently learned that there is an upcoming Mindfulness Exercises Podcast in the works, and we are curious:

What mindfulness-related topics are you interested in learning more about? What would you hope to gain or learn through listening to a podcast dedicated to mindfulness?

These can be questions or curiosities related to your personal mindfulness practice or to your experience as a teacher (or teacher in training). Share any thoughts with us here and I'll make sure to pass them on. 

With gratitude,

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Here are a few of mine:

1. The Simplest shortest ways to explain the Neuro-Scientific benefits of Mindfulness & Meditation-e.g. Use of Metaphors, etc.

2. What are some difficult questions we could be asked, not that we have all the answers either?

3. How does one balance paying attention to the group's Awareness vs. plugging into your own practice during Meditation?

Hope this will help with possible topics.

• Like 2

Hi Gillian:

Today I read an excerpt from The Collected Works of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche explaining the causes and remedies of samsara, or suffering. Central to Buddhism, as I understand it, is that feeding the concept or the "self" (the "I"/"mine" delusion) is one of the main causes of distorted realities, desires, and attachments, all of which lead to suffering (this much I understand and agree with). He then proposes that in order to stop the suffering, among other things, we must understand that the "self" is a mere concept and that we must examine the non-existence of the self. I would love to learn more about how we can learn to examine/understand the "non-existence" of the self, what does it really mean?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you for your input Lisa! I've passed it on to the team working on this. In terms of the time frame, I guess you mean until it is released? I haven't gotten an official date yet, but I will let you know as soon as I find out ūüôā¬†I believe generally speaking the podcasts will be around 30 minutes in length (at least that's how it's looking as of right now).

Hi everyone! I'm Alex Goldstein, podcast producer working on the Mindfulness Exercises podcast. Nice to e-meet you!

And thank you so much for your input! It's really helped for choosing content.

13 hours ago, lisammany@gmail.com said:

Do you have any idea what timeframe the podcast will be held?

Thanks for you input, Lisa! We're finishing the last details and should be launching in a couple of months, but there's not a set date yet.

We'll post it here as well as in the newsletter, so you'll definitely be among the first to know!

If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know!

In gratitude,

Alex

• Like 1

• Administrators

Exciting announcement! The Mindfulness Exercises Podcast will be going live next week.¬†ūüéČ

As Sean shared in his mindful musings email yesterday:

This has been a year in the making. Each episode will be a guided, curated journey into deeper levels of mindfulness to benefit both practitioners and trained mindfulness teachers alike.

The podcast invites you to:
- Go beyond listening into deeper experiences of mindfulness
- Try new evidence-based meditations to keep your mindfulness practice fresh.
- Learn from the world’s top mindfulness teachers on how they practice and share mindfulness with others

Here’s a preview of what you can look forward to in future episodes:

Exploring Habit Change with Dr. Judson Brewer
Mindfulness for Changing the World with Sharon Salzberg
The Neuroscience of Happiness with Rick Hanson
Kevin Griffin Answers Mindfulness Teachers’ Top Questions
Compassionate Inquiry with Gabor Maté
Mindfulness through an Equity Lens with Michelle Maldonado
My personal answers to different mindfulness topics
Plus … meditations, mindfulness exercises and more"

I'll share the link here when the podcast goes live next week. Keep your eye on this thread¬†ūüėä

• Administrators

WE'VE LAUNCHED¬†ūüéČ

The Mindfulness Exercises Podcast is now available for streaming!

Go beyond listening into deeper experiences of mindfulness, evidence-based meditations and ancient wisdom. Learn from the world’s top mindfulness teachers on how they practice and share mindfulness with others.

Episodes #001, #002 and #003 are now available at the links below:

Episode #001 - Sharing Mindfulness from the Heart (Sean Fargo)

Episode #002 - Teaching Mindfulness: Most Frequently Asked Questions (Kevin Griffin)

Episode #003 - Why Sean Fargo Recommends Mindfulness of Breathing

You can listen on Apple, Spotify, Google, Audible, Stitcher, and TuneIn. Subscribe on your preferred platform and leave us a review to let us know what you think.

From wherever you tune in:

Welcome to the Mindfulness Exercises Podcast. May this be a source of inspiration and motivation for your mindfulness meditation and teachings.

FYI @finestcoaching524@gmail.com @cortemc@gmail.com @lisammany@gmail.com