NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
Tan NGUYEN

introducing myself

Hi everyone! I am Tan, originally from Vietnam, I live in Marseille, south of France. I have some experience in meditation while a siddha yoga teacher in 1976-81. I also help introducing Thich Nhat Hanh to the French public in 1990. Although living in Plum village at that time, he was almost unknown to the French people. I also helped Tarab tulku rinpoché setting his workshops in France. I have been using meditation in the context of my therapeutic practice since 1984. I practice psychosynthesis which is a spiritual psychology created by Dr Roberto Assagioli (1888-1974), an Italian psychiatrist, contemporary and friend of Jung. Approaching the 80's, I am still practicing, while having also an artistic activity.

Why did I register in this teachers training? I was curious about mindfulness which I consider a non-religious practice. Also, Sean seems a man with a good heart and dedicated person. I will certainly be inspired by his teaching and the community's presence.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hello Tan! Thank you for this rich introduction and welcome to our program and the community. Your background and experience with meditation is fascinating. I am sure that your journey through this program will enhance all of what you already hold inside of you.

It is interesting you mention psychosynthesis. I don't know much about it, but someone did mention it not long ago. I am curious to learn more and so will do a Google search; however, what is your take on it? What are the main principles or practices?

Oh, and I'm Gillian by the way - part of Sean's support team. If you have any program-related questions, reach out at any time.