melissa.loyer@icloud.com

Looking for assistance

Hello community,

I hope this is the appropriate place for this post. Admins, please contact me if it is not!

In my practice recently, I think that stored trauma is surfacing. After spending the last month trying to work through it with RAIN, which is the most effective tool I have, I have come to think I may need to work with a trauma therapist. The catch is, I’m wondering if I could work with a student who needs experience and hours, as I cannot afford much. 
Does anyone have any contacts or ideas? And just to be clear- I am not asking for money, nor do I want it 😊

Most warmly to you all,

Melissa

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Melissa,

This is absolutely appropriate here! Thank you for sharing openly and reaching out for support.

I do not know of anyone studying as a trauma therapist, but one idea I have would be to reach out to schools directly and find out if they have a practicum component for their students. I have no doubt there are many trauma therapists-in-training who don't have people to work with just yet. Schools could help you to get in touch with those who are just starting out or who need hours of practice before completing their program.

I hope this is helpful. Sending you love and support!

Gillian