Abby Tolan

Middle School Mindfulness

Hello from Westport CT.  My name is Abby, I am a former middle school teacher who left teaching to raise my twin boys. Now that the boys are heading in the high school I am looking to get back to work. I have been in a mediation mindfulness group for the last 5 years, it changed me significantly. I no longer have severe anxiety. I am seen hearing about rampant anxiety particularly among middle school girls. My vision is to hard mindfulness mediation groups for girls in grades 6-9. I am looking forward to embarking on this new journey.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Abby,

Welcome to our program and thank you for introducing yourself! The work you wish to do is vital. I worry about our younger generations as they are growing up in a world very different than previous generations. 

I'm Gillian, by the way, Chief Care Officer for the program. Let me know if you have any questions as you work through things.

With gratitude,

Gillian