decembrie8@yahoo.com

Hi everyone, from Sibiu, Romania

I am Maria from Sibiu, Romania (...in the middle of Transilvania). I am a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist and The President of the Sibiu Branch of The Alzheimer Romanian Association.

My interest in mindfulness started about 7 years ago and my first training in mindfulness was about 4 years ago. Use mindfulness exercises for myself and also in individual psychotherapy. Also the last years I had presentations at National Alzheimer Congresses about ”Mindfulness in preventing Alzheimer Disease” and also ”Mindfulness in Mild Cognitive Impairment”.

Edited by decembrie8@yahoo.com
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Hello Maria! So wonderful to e-meet you. Welcome to our program and community. I'm Gillian - the community moderator and part of Sean's support team. If you have any questions, let me know.

@lisammany@gmail.com - Lisa, I am tagging you here as I think you asked a question in a Q&A call about older populations/Alzheimer's. I am not 100% sure on this, but in case this is accurate, maybe you'd like to connect with Maria and/or pose some questions. 

Hi Maria, welcome to the program! (a little late). Julian, thank you for tagging me and I apologize for my slow response. Yes, I had asked Dr. Ritchie Davison if there was any current research around mindfulness slowing the aging process in older adults and also if there was any research that mindfulness helped when it comes to reducing social isolation in older adults. Where I work we serve adults 60 and older, so it was more of a curiosity question for me personally outside of work. Maria I would be interested in hearing if you ever have thoughts on this that you feel like sharing, but please do not feel obligated. Again welcome and thank you Gillian! 🙂

• Like 1