Hi everyone!

I'm Rachel and I live in a small village in the Cotswolds, England close to Chipping Norton and Oxford. 

My meditation journey and in some respects my Mindfulness of sorts  journey, started way back in the 80's when I suffered a nervous breakdown. My GP introduced me to a new technique where I would just focus on the now. Through his suggestions I took up meditation and walking. It took time. There were many ups and downs but whatever it was - worked! And I still use it today. 

I have taught my son (who is autistic) and many students and colleagues along the way, to mindfully meditate. And after receiving an inheritance, it felt like the right time to do this. Like everyone, the past year has given me a new perspective on life and what my place in all of this is. Well this is my place! I am taking that next step and starting up full time as a Reiki Practitioner and Spiritual Guide. I have been dabbling for years but found every excuse to not take the plunge. Now is the time and I feel excited, empowered and a sense of peace at finding my place.

This is going to be such an exciting journey but great to know that I have this community to accompany me along the way x

• Like 2

Hi Rachel -

Thanks for posting this.  I am in a similar position of feeling compelled (after years of avoiding a calling) to finally face my fears and step forward with my spouse to start offering energetic and spiritual guidance for those interested.  It is nice to hear when others are doing the same - it inspires me.

Best wishes on your journey,

Lauren

• Like 2

• Administrators

Welcome to you both, Rachel and Lauren! I am very happy to read your introductions and to know that you've each now followed the call to 'your place'.

I'm the community moderator and part of Sean's support team, so if you have any questions at anytime, reach out. I look forward to learning more about your insights and experiences.

With gratitude,

Gillian