pwalker281@gmail.com

Aloha from windward Oahu, HI

Hey Everyone,

I purchased the certification program a week and a half ago, right before I took a short vacay on the Big Island to visit friends. What an experience that was! Now, I'm ready to start the program and am introducing myself as a first ... well, second step. One of the other things I did was establish a structure on Evernote and in Google Drive to keep all of the info I know I'm going to accumulate organized.

A semi-retired boomer originally from Washington, DC, I have been living in Hawaii for 14 years. My daughter came to Oahu to go to college and decided to stay. So of course, what's a mother to do for her only child but to join her? I'm also a long-time meditator, having first learned TM in the 70s when it was all the rage. My meditation journey has grown and evolved over the years, and now I'm ready to share it and mindfulness with others. I figured this program is the perfect opportunity for me to combine my passion for meditation with my experience as a trainer to help planetary consciousness evolve.

BeachDay_10-4-2020.thumb.jpg.98c158001bdac74bbde2a602ff34284e.jpg evolve.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

Patrice

p.s. photo was taken at the beach near the North Shore of Oahu.

Edited by pwalker281@gmail.com
exchanged Oahu for HI in the p.s.
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Hello Patrice! What a lovely introduction. Thank you for sharing and it is wonderful to have you in the program.

I'm Gillian - Chief Care Officer for the program. If you have any questions, reach out at anytime.

I look forward to learning more about your experience and insights! Feel free to jump in on any other conversation in the forum that speaks to you.

With gratitude,

Gillian

• Like 1

Aloha Gillian! Thanks so much for the welcome. I believe it was you who sent me an email asking how I was doing. I accidentally sent it to trash before I could read it and haven't been back here since I wrote the introduction.

I'm really enjoying the training, have supplemented it with Mindfulness for Dummies, as well as all of the supplemental info you guys are providing. The weekly email from Sean is especially informative.

I'm still getting my feet wet and look forward to taking a closer look at the forum. I'm sure I'll find invaluable information and support there as well.

Mahalo nui loa ("A very big thank you"),

Patrice

Edited by pwalker281@gmail.com
correct punctuation
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Hi Patrice! Yes, that was me 🙂 I just sent an email back. We can communicate here or via email - whatever is best for you.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the training so far. Reach out if you have any specific questions as you navigate things.

Enjoy your weekend!

Gillian

• Like 1