melissa.loyer@icloud.com

Better late than never!

Hello everyone,

I've been participating for a few weeks, but haven't  done an introduction. My name is Melissa Loyer, and I'm from southern Ontario, Canada. I'm a 500 hour certified meditation coach, and I am so excited to be participating in this program. I've joined because while meditation coaching is good, and does good, my focus is teaching mindfulness meditation for mental health. Before learning to meditate, I wasn't able to cope with day-to-day life, as there was childhood trauma that ended up leading to anorexia nervosa, alcohol abuse, and a scary amount of self-injury. I remember vividly the moment I was told that the brain secretes thoughts in the same way the mouth secretes saliva, and that I am not my thoughts - I felt hope and bawled like a baby. I joined "The Power of Awareness", led by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach and my life hasn't been the same since. 

I'm loving every moment of this course. 

IMG_6645.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hello Melissa! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am very happy to hear you found your way into these teachings after those experiences - and what a powerful introduction you had to mindfulness of thoughts. I love hearing about those subtle yet profound, direction-shifting moments. 

If you have any questions as you navigate the program, reach out at anytime. I am very glad to hear that you are thus far enjoying it all! 

With gratitude,

Gillian