Gillian Florence

Gillian's Personal Retreat Dates

• Administrators

Hi community! I just wanted to post a quick note here to let you know that as of this evening, I will be starting a two-week personal retreat. Between now and June 21st, if you have any questions related to the program, you can send them over to support@mindfulnessexercises.com. I will not have access to my computer for much of this time.

Enjoy your continued studies and I will touch base here in the community when I return. 

With gratitude,

Gillian

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi community,

At least one of you inquired about whether I would share my retreat experience with the community. It took me some time to sit with how it went, but I have since written a blog about the experience. I hadn't mentioned before here, but the type of retreat I did was a dark retreat (or dark room retreat). It was just me in a dark room for 6 nights/5 days. Food and tea was delivered through a double-doored food box so that no light entered into the room. It was a very interesting experience with some ups and downs, but certainly a lot of peace and ease. It felt deeply restorative and insightful.

If you'd like to read more about this experience, you can find the blog post here. It feels easier to share this than to write it out in the forum as I wouldn't know where to begin!

https://www.gillianflorence.com/blog/five-days-in-darkness

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing that Gillian! The dream portion was very interesting. I can only imagine how much more aware you are when you are dreaming when you know you are in a dark room.

I really loved what you wrote with your unedited scribbles. You are really good at writing Gillian!  

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Victor F said:

Thank you for sharing that Gillian! The dream portion was very interesting. I can only imagine how much more aware you are when you are dreaming when you know you are in a dark room.

I really loved what you wrote with your unedited scribbles. You are really good at writing Gillian!  

Thank you for checking out my post, Victor! Yes, the dreams felt exceptional. The most vivid dreams I have ever had. It is interesting how that awareness of being in a dark room really carried into the sleep state. 

Glad to hear you liked the unedited scribbles 🙂 I also formatted them the same way that I wrote them in the book. Since it was completely dark, my sense of the page was a bit off... so they were very short lines! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi community - I just wanted to let you know that I will be away from work for a few days on a yoga retreat. Please contact support@mindfulnessexercises.com with any questions you have between and including Wed. Sept. 22nd and Sun. Sept. 26th.

• Like 1