Does anyone gravitate towards nature-based mindfulness practices? I would love to hear about how nature inspires your work or personal practice. Speaking for myself, I think part of what brought me to mindfulness in the beginning was respect for and reverence of the natural world. It has so much to teach us and I find a lot of peace in reflecting upon its various elements and its innate flow.

• Like 2

I absolutely do, I find nature based mindfulness practices allows us to expand out awareness and feel more connected and this translates (at least in my everyday life) in to being a more reactive and aware person, not just aware of my immediate surroundings but being able to extend and expand my awareness.

I posted in my profile a senses based expansion meditation (just a rough guideline) and I find this meditation works best in nature. one can really use their imagination when reflecting on a wider distance and one can really connect with what is around them. Natural settings bring their own unique tranquility and dimension to a meditation that is hard to replicate indoors.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Like 1

I love the idea of opening our senses and can definitely see how soothing and grounding this would be in a forest, a beach, or another natural setting. Lately I've been trying to bring more informal mindfulness to my daily walks in the forest - to witness and ease the mind and then open up more fully to the beauty of the world around me. I'm not sure where you are, but here in Sweden, the seasons are already starting to change. Something about the onset of autumn is deeply replenishing and inspiring 🍂

I am definitely an Ocean Guy, though I am here in Texas!!

Growing up in MA, then moving to Rhode Island brought me even closer to the Ocean! 

There's something mystical about the Ocean &  it's unpredictability, yet soothing ocean waves crashing on the Shore! I could listen to that sound all night!

• Like 1