NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
Gillian Florence

Reflections on Oren Sofer's 'Mindful Communication' Workshop

• Administrators

On watching the playback of Oren's workshop on Mindful Communication, I was really struck by the recommendation to confirm that the message sent equals the message received. When I look back on difficult conversations I've been in in the past, I'm sensing that this is where communication has often broken down - that the message sent by either party was not received in the same way on the other end. I can see how when this happens, we only move further away from true connection and understanding.

I will definitely keep this in mind going forward, being mindful of where 1) I am not truly receiving the words of another, or 2) I'm not sure that my own message has been received as intended.

Does anyone else have highlights from this workshop that really stood out to them?

• Like 1