NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
wordxpress.hville@gmail.com

Hello and Happy Earth Day Week

Hi, Im Kisha. Looking forward to connecting more in this community and on the weekly coaching calls. Im thinking of doing a FB live tomorrow for Earth Day doing some of the practices ive learned from this program. Im nervous about it but think i will give it a shot!

Ive become more disciplined and aware with my mindfulness practices before the pandemic hit. I was running a part-time business and hit a snag and had an episode of emotional despair. The pandemic only made me more focused on transforming myself and helping others. Im working with high school and college students in particular. And am excited about becoming an example of mental/emotional resilience.  See everyone this afternoon on the coaching call!

Edited by wordxpress.hville@gmail.com
Added more info abt me
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Kisha,

Lovely to read your introduction! Welcome to the community space.

Did you end up doing a Facebook live meditation yesterday?

Thank you for opening up about more of your own journey. I think this pandemic really brought some things into the light for a lot of people - both societal/collective issues and things deeper inside of us personally. I am inspired to hear about your increasing focus on your own journey of transformation.

Looking forward to hearing more about your insights and experiences! I hope you had a great call on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Hi, Gillian,

Yes, I did go LIVE on FB yesterday. I went to a greenway and shared the beauty of nature around. Wednesday's  call with Sean was awesome and fell in alignment with what I wanted to do. Sean shared with us that he had a passion for climate change and this allowed me to ask him how does he connect mindfulness with the cause. We had a great group conversation! This motivated me to do the FB talk with my community because I really wanted to connect and help others. 

I had good response to my Earth Day/ Gen Z Leadership/ Mindfulness talk. The interaction was good in the chat. At the end i shared the compassionate breathing meditation and some other practices for grounding and calming turbulent emotions.

I also enjoyed Michelle Malvado's Unconscious Bias webinar. It was an outstanding group connection and enlightening exercise as well.

Thanks so much for asking, Gillian. Im excited to be a part of this community and being a part of something bigger than myself.

Edited by wordxpress.hville@gmail.com
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I live in Hamilton, Ontario. I am a MACP Intern working for Roots in Wellness. I am glad to be part of such a beautiful community here and will be participating actively moving forward. I also blog about mental wellness which will be posted on Rootsinwellness.ca. I am excited to start this journey with you all. I hope to connect with you all here, to share my experience with mindfulness meditation and listen to some of your stories. 

Cheers

Aisha

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hello Aisha! It's lovely to read your introduction. I am from Toronto... so not far from you! However, I live in Stockholm now.

I'm also the community moderator and part of Sean's support team, so if you have any questions at all as you go through things, reach out anytime.

I am a writer as well, so I will certainly take a look at your blog posts 🙂

Gillian

• Like 1