Vincenzia Diedericks

Mindfulness and addiction

Hi, my name is Vincenzia

My field of interest is on how mindfulness can be used in recovery. There are many approaches to recovery and I have noticed a shift towards more eastern approaches when it comes to support groups but not much with actual recovery programs people can enroll in (in-person or online). There is the 8 steps  book and support group and then Refuge Recovery as far as I know. Both being incredibly helpful but barely scraping the surface of what is needed out there. Therefor I have dedicated two  years to further learning of addiction and to strengthening my mindfulness practices in order to design a Mindfulness Recovery program that deals with food, social media, technology, nicotine and other form of addictions.  I, myself have been in recovery for quite some time  now and most likely wouldn't have been had it not been for my introduction to buddhism and mindfulness many years ago.

I am a Certified Life Coach, artist and sculptor. I spent many years working with children with special needs and have a very special and personal interest in Autism.

I would love to connect with anyone that also has any of these interests in order to share resources, experience and theories.

Looking forward

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hello Vincenzia! It is wonderful to hear from you. Welcome to our community and thanks for the introduction.

Recovery and addiction. This is an area I do not have expertise in, but I am certainly interested. I love the work of Gabor Maté. Have you read or listened to anything of his? We also had Kevin Griffin as a guest teacher last year who specializes in mindful recovery.

Here is a link to his workshop. From my memory, the talk was more on how to teach mindfulness in general and less on mindfulness related to recovery, but here it is in any case: https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/kevin-griffin-1/

Looking forward to learning more from you!

• Like 1