Gillian Florence

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to teaching mindfulness?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What is your biggest challenge when it comes to teaching mindfulness?

Whether it's gaining confidence, reaching a wider audience, knowing your niche, or something else, I'd love to know what you might be challenged by as a new (or upcoming) mindfulness teacher. Jump in with your own reflections or offer supportive words for other teachers.

• Like 1

I have been thinking about this and I think the biggest challenge for me is not knowing exactly what I should be studying next to move me forward on my path, while I continue to deepen my practice. There is so much to learn so I just tried to soak up everything I can, but I'm a process person so it would be nice to know a clear path. I was hoping others would respond to this as I'm really interested to hear what other people are challenged by. Great question Jillian! Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Administrators

I can really relate to what you've shared, Lisa. I am interested in many different topics that, though related, are quite unique. It can be difficult to know what way to go. I try to remind myself that no matter what I venture into, it will carry me in the direction I need to go (even if indirectly 😄).

If you feel like sharing some of the different subjects you are interested in, I'd love to hear more.

Hi Folks,

Gillian always has great questions!:) I find that it takes a lot of discipline and it's had to remain focused; it would be nice in my humble opinion if the program was a little more streamlined.

I am attempting Outdoor in person Meditation events right now with Social Distancing and the the Tech tools to accomplish that & given I had a recent minor surgery, I've got thrown off track a little, though I am feeling more confident now with various Meditations; I have been sharing more of the Metta Prayer with the Public and folks seem to be amenable to listening; occasionally I'll slip in a conversation about Loving-Kindness and even today, I got a Healthcare worker didtracted and we wound up talking about Compassion and Self-Compassion; it's kind of Cool to experiment with-just my Mindful thoughts of the day!! I am leaning more toward "Being Still/Loving-Kindness/ Compassion vs. Self-Compassion"...

Enjoy my "Mindful Rose of the Day"!

IMG_2145.thumb.jpg.379b224dd20e5036f0c3fe8e30dc3a7f.jpg

• Like 1