Banu

Hello from Cologne

Hello community,
Hello community administrators,
Hello Sean,

My name is Banu. I've been in the program for six days and was a bit overwhelmed at first: So many files, so much material, and so many posts – where do I begin? Too many options and choices can also be quite intimidating ; )

But since yesterday's Q&A time I can see through it better. It was very nice to meet Sean and get to know some community members.  Thanks again for the kind welcome.

I live with my spouse and our 11-year-old son in Cologne, Germany. I got to know meditation about 12 years ago (before that it was always a mini part in my yoga practice). My father – a blue collar, hard working man – had a CD lying around that he had once received as a gift, entitled "The Healing Power of Mindfulness" by Jon Kabat-Zinn.  He couldn't do anything with it, but I could.

Since then, meditation or mindfulness (or both) has been accompanying me in various ways: e.g in stressful situations at work, during the birth of our child, when I had a burn-out, and of course now in the pandemic.

I did not meditate constantly. It was always in phases. But in recent years I began to "sit" more regularly. Mindfulness has become a faithful friend. And yet, every time – especially since I started this course – I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Well, that's how it is: every moment is new : D

Last year I completed my training as a healer. That was an incredibly blissful moment because I realized that I am a soul activist. It sounds super idealistic, but I know that with my healing skills and meditation, I can make the world a little bit better. Starting with myself.

I am grateful to have found my way to this course and look forward to the journey with you.

Love,

Banu

• Like 2

Hello Banu,  Looks like we are newbies together.  I actually joined last fall sometime but only in the last few days have I found my way around this site and I attended the Davidson talk yesterday.  This is my first post.  I am in Austin, Texas and we may never meet, but indeed I look forward to the journey with you.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Welcome Banu and William! It is wonderful to have you both here in the forum. Banu, I really enjoyed reading your introduction. A line that really struck me was, "Mindfulness has become a faithful friend." What a beautiful way to look at your relationship with the practice. 

I'm Gillian, by the way - part of the support team and community moderator. If you have any questions as you go through everything, do let me know. I know that it can be a lot and take some time to navigate!

A bit about me - I am Toronto born and now based in Stockholm (so not too far from Banu and Tünde). I'm a writer and meditation teacher. I used to teach yoga as well but have found myself veering more towards meditative practices strictly. Banu, I also love the term 'soul activist'. I am a soul seeker no doubt, currently enthralled with the work of Bill Plotkin (specifically his newest book called 'The Journey of Soul Initiation', but 'Nature and the Human Soul' is another of my favourites).

I look forward to connecting more with all of you here! Wishing you a peaceful Monday. 

Hey Banu, I just joined the community. I'm looking forward to start with the program. I'm also living in Cologne, Germany.  Maybe we can catch up some day and have a nice talk about mindfulness.

Cheers, Patrick

• Like 3

Hello Patrick,

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to reply much sooner... Great that you joined thus programm and that you live in Cologne.

Greetings😃

• Like 2