Gillian Florence

Mindfulness Research

• Administrators

I thought it would be nice to create a thread for us to share any interesting science-based mindfulness studies or scientific reviews we come across. If we are writing mindfulness articles, planning talks, or preparing presentations, it can be helpful to have some pieces of research to turn to. 

I will start by sharing a link to an article called 'The Mindful Brain and Emotion Regulation in Mood Disorders', which explores how mindfulness regulates emotions.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3303604/

If there are certain applications or benefits of mindfulness you are interested in (i.e. anxiety, addiction, etc.), let me know and I can see what research I can find.

Great idea, Gillian! 

I would be interested in seeing any latest Researches RE: Mindfulness affecting Workplaces.

BTW, Richard J. Davidson & Daniel Goleman, in their book, Altered Traits, quote many Research studies. I am reading that book in prep for Richard 
Davidson joining Sean's Q & A next month; I had suggested that idea, never thought it would happen! Kudos to Sean for accomplishing that!

BTW, I have a phone chat with a Talk Show Host, Dawn Marie Westmoreland at WPVM FM, 103.7 FM-LP, North Carolina; her theme, on her Linkedin Profile is, "Respectful and Safe Workplaces"; as far as I know, she wants to prep me for her show...so, we'll see what happens.:) Wish me Good Will!:) I'm a little Anx about it.

• Like 1

Great, Gillian,

I appreciate anything you can find!

Thanks, unfortunately, she got the Time zone confused; we are having a Phone chat this Friday! So time will tell! Basically, I think she wants to assess if I have anything worthy to share RE: Mindfulness in the Workplace!

Edited by finestcoaching524@gmail.com
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hey Rick! I just remembered one resource that could certainly be helpful for you. If you head to this link - https://mindfulnessexercises.com/mindfulness-exercises-for-professionals-leadership-motivation/ - and then scroll down beneath the resources, there is an article about mindfulness for leadership and motivation. Some of the quoted research from this article includes:

https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037%2Fa0031313 - "Results revealed that participants in the mindfulness intervention group experienced significantly less emotional exhaustion and more job satisfaction than participants in the control group."

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00667/full#B112 -  "They provide empirical evidence for a positive link between leaders’ dispositional mindfulness and the wellbeing of their followers, indicating that mindfulness is not solely an individual resource but also fosters interpersonal skills."

But if you head to that first link, there are more studies to explore (beneath the heading 'How Mindfulness Benefits Professionals'.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:17 AM, Gillian Florence said:

I thought it would be nice to create a thread for us to share any interesting science-based mindfulness studies or scientific reviews we come across. If we are writing mindfulness articles, planning talks, or preparing presentations, it can be helpful to have some pieces of research to turn to. 

I will start by sharing a link to an article called 'The Mindful Brain and Emotion Regulation in Mood Disorders', which explores how mindfulness regulates emotions.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3303604/

If there are certain applications or benefits of mindfulness you are interested in (i.e. anxiety, addiction, etc.), let me know and I can see what research I can find.

Yes, Gillian, the Research has to do with Job Searchers; Is there Research that proves, Mindfulness positively affects those Job Seekers? I am putting together a Proposal/Powerpont that actually shows Data that proves my theory; now I know the Benefits myself; I seek Data which shows Results, thanks...I am glad you asked.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, finestcoaching524@gmail.com said:

Yes, Gillian, the Research has to do with Job Searchers; Is there Research that proves, Mindfulness positively affects those Job Seekers? I am putting together a Proposal/Powerpont that actually shows Data that proves my theory; now I know the Benefits myself; I seek Data which shows Results, thanks...I am glad you asked.

I have not yet come across research that relates mindfulness to job seeking, but I will keep my eye out...