Gillian Florence

What is something about mindfulness you often need to remind yourself of?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What is something about mindfulness you often need to remind yourself of?

When we practice mindfulness, it is easy to forget some of the basic underpinnings of what it means to be mindful. For instance, we might forget that there is nothing we need to 'achieve' or that our emotions are not 'bad' or 'wrong'. Think about what you tend to forget about mindfulness. Or, consider something that you used to misunderstand that you now grasp more clearly.  Share your reflections with us here.

Watching Christpher Germer's Youtube Video which Sean posted, is that it is nothing to do with Self; the combination of Mindfulness & Compassion make them a perfect fit!  My Takeaways were:

"Mindfulness can be described as Loving Awareness of moment to moment experience”!

"Compassion is about responding to a person’s need and responding to a person’s need. i.e. taking action”!

Compassion dissolves the yourself by warmth”! Via “Care, Warmth, and Goodwill”!

He was very eloquent...when we are Compassionate when another is troubled, the other person's anguish thoughts, and perhaps some self-loathing becomes diminished.  It's that connecting Care, Warmth, and Goodwill that becomes valued & meaningful! >>>my interpretation of what Christoper shared; as in a warm glow in a fireplace.

Great Question, Gillian!!!

B66AB49F-8B94-42AF-A33E-D2CBFF7FEE76.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Lovely! Thank you for sharing Rick.

When I ponder this question myself, I realize that I often judge certain thoughts to be 'wrong', believing that to be mindful I must be completely 'pure' in thought. However, to be mindful of our thoughts is to welcome whatever is here (not to condone what is here, just to accept its presence). When I remember this, it is easy for me to witness my thoughts and say, 'It's okay that you are here', without resisting and without attaching.