lisammany@gmail.com

A Little Bit About Me

Hi. My name is Lisa and I started the Teacher Certification Course at the end of December. I know that I'm a little late in posting this. :-) After recently seeing the film “In & Of Itself” and having many conversations around identity, I'm going to introduce myself a little differently then I normally would. I am a person who deeply loves her friends and family. I love to write when I'm inspired, and I have been inspired a lot lately. I love the power of music and how it can bring thousands of people together, sometimes even as one voice. If it weren't for physical issues, I would love to be able to do all of the really cool yoga poses! I am kind, warm, broken, and healed, but not completely. I am forever grateful for the path that I am on and am extremely excited about all there is to learn. I feel like I’m coming out of a shell I have been living in my entire life, as I have allowed others to define me based on who they think I am. What an exhilarating experience! J

And….I live on the East Coast, am married to an amazing man, am having a milestone birthday this week (50!), and have spent most of my career working in the nonprofit sector.

Thanks for reading. :-)

• Like 1

• Administrators

What a lovely introduction Lisa! Thank you - and happy birthday! 🥳 Do you have any plans for it?

19 hours ago, lisammany@gmail.com said:

I feel like I’m coming out of a shell I have been living in my entire life, as I have allowed others to define me based on who they think I am.

This I really resonate with. This past year has really stirred things for me and I am finding much more courage to be my authentic self. I am glad to read that you are feeling something similar 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you! I do have plans. My birthday is actually today and I had to go into the office, which I don't do often. My colleagues surprised me with cards, breakfast and flowers, and calls and messages have been pouring in. My husband decorated our house with 50 balloons. 🙂 I took tomorrow off and am getting a massage. I get them regularly anyways for pain management, but tomorrow is just to treat myself. Then Saturday I am doing a virtual silent retreat. I'm so excited about that!! Because I took an MBSR course through UMass, I'm a grad and can attend for free. 

Thank you for sharing that with me. It's always nice to learn when other people are sharing similar experiences. I hope it feels as exhilarating for you as it does me.

• Like 1