NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
Gillian Florence

What thought patterns are you aware of today?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What thought patterns are you aware of today?

For much of our waking life, we move through the world without giving too much attention to our thoughts; and yet, they are a major driving force of our lives. This week's questions is an invitation to tune in and to reflect on what types of thoughts you are experiencing. Are they ruminating? Planning? Controlling? Are they excited? Nervous? Calm? Fearful? Content? Envious?

Feel free to share any of the energies that have been present in your mind today.

Actually, Gillian,

I was sharing in my Workbook this week, that when my Partner/Significant Other, and I went for a Walk in our local Park, we did not have scattered thoughts; I explored whether she was open to participating in a Mindful walk without her knowledge of what it is, so we agreed mutually to make it a Visual Mindful walk, which turned out to be pretty Amazing! We pointed out obvious colors along the way in the landscape, yet also aroused a certain curiosity of why certain contrasting colors of bark on certain trees, so, in essence,  were focused in identifying contrasting colors, and even the perception of certain angles of Trees,  e. g. like my Partner commented how one Tree was shaped in the angle of a "V, "as in Victory" she said, which upon sighting the tree close up turned out to be 2 separate trees that were at least one foot apart from one another...so it became a Mindful learning experience for both of us; it subsequently also provided for a positive conversation before going to bed and expressed how much we enjoyed our walk; perhaps to be repeated in a different way next time. Hence this was a very contented enjoyable walk.

~~~Rick~~~

• Like 1

• Administrators

This morning I became very aware of my patterns of attention. When I woke up, I noticed myself wanting to grab my phone to check messages, news, etc. However, I quickly became aware of the thought and urge to stay away from technology for a while longer - to feel into the mattress beneath me, to breathe, to get up quietly and meditate, and to write. 

So in essence, this morning I was very aware of contradicting voices within. The voice of presence won this one 😊

8 hours ago, Gillian Florence said:

Glad to hear you found it Rick! Yes, there was an update to the software and it seems that the Edit function was moved around.

A Compliment ot it...I lost my Internet however, briefly, and my Post in another section was lost I thought, yet was restored by this Software, TG! YAY! TeachMindfulness!

• Like 1

I like to share something with you.

After I been ill, I went for a walk after about 10 days, and it was so strange, but everything looked so fresh, green and new.

This was an amazing experience. It made me realise that so often I walk without seeing the beauty all there is and ever since I'm far more aware of my surrounding.

Has anyone of you had such an experience?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Margaretha,

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I can relate to something similar, which is this:

Oftentimes, after I am sick, I have such a profound sense of gratitude for my healthy state of being. All of a sudden, my general state of wellness feels rich with vitality! This always makes me realize how frequently I take good health for granted.

Also, I am happy to hear that you are feeling better!

Actually, I have been slightly out of touch of the Community, though Meditating, though;

I had Minor Surgery this past Monday and still recovering; it felt like my Insides got torn inside out, so I've been hurting, so when I get all tight I am drawn to my Breath 

and has helped. Yesterday, my Fiancé & I had our 2nd Covid Vaccine shot; we left with no side effects, however this AM was another story...so now dealing with other Body aches, so taking it in stride...when Stressed my anchor has become my Breath...so my Body felt a little unbalanced yesterday, & first time using a Cane; today, No Cane, so there's Progress...

I have taken emotional time outs to walk in my yard and just listen to Sounds....that progressed to doing do a Meditation themed: To Do Or To BE!

Sometimes I get frustrated with Folks who keep making excuses, because they are too busy, hence got motivated to do that...

Anyway, need to get ready for Bed...that's all I got for now...Recovery is slow...using a lot of ice packs...Hope you All are well! Have a Great Easter, those who celebrate!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Hi Rick,

Oh I am sorry to hear about the pain you are in (or were in... this was a few days ago now so I hope that things have improved). How is your progress?

Thank you for sharing your honest and open reflections. Noticing frustration... taking emotional time-outs to tune into nature... these are wonderful moments of mindfulness. 

Thanks, Gillian,

I will spare most details; I was recovering from my 2nd Covid shot as well; you might say my Body has felt unbalanced, now still; it has taken some time, so I spent last night in a Meditation from

Healthy Minds App= "A Tour of the Senses" since mine are very prevalent; they shot me up with Fetanyl and Dilaudid in the Recovery Room 2X's, as was needed then have been taking a Muscle Relaxant 

for pain, tho with little effects, so taking it in stride and cannot do any major lifting or exercize for another 5 weeks or so...

Anyway, hope all had a Nice Easter, those that celebrate it; we did attend Mass, that was good emotionally...so as we say, I am a Work in progress and hopeful!

On a more Positive note, I have a Dr. who is the Chief of a Ambulatory local VA Group who joined my McKinney Mindful Education Group, so I hope we can actually have a conversation going forward.

Oh, and regarding my Meditation, themed, "Being Still"; I sent my Family Friend who just lost her Mom a few weeks ago, that Meditation, & she said, "it was very calming, and now I am relaxed from your Video".

That was an unexpected compliment.

So what is others' focus these days?

• Like 1