NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×
lisammany@gmail.com

Film Recommendation

I wanted to recommend "In & Of Itself", which is currently playing on Hulu. I've also been recommending not watching the trailer or Googling it and just watching it as to not give away anything. I will share that it is about identity and perceptions, and I did need Kleenex. 😃 For me, this was mesmerizing from the minute it started and I'm definitely going to watch it again. Would love to know if anyone else has seen it, or if you decide to watch it, what you think, if there's a way we can discuss it that doesn't give away anything for others!

Edited by lisammany@gmail.com
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Thank you for the suggestion Lisa! It's funny - after I read just your first sentence I thought, "Oh I'll have to find the trailer for that." Your second sentence put a halt on that of course 😄

I will have a look to see if I can get that here in Sweden. I don't think I can access Hulu (I vaguely remember trying for a different show before), but there could be another way.

Hi Gillian,

Hopefully you can find it! I can look and see if it's on other platforms as well. I can share that it is a film based on a stage play. It's tough to say much about it without giving it away. For me personally, it was the experience of not knowing what was was and watching it, which made it so powerful for me. I can also share that it is about identity and perceptions of identity, which for me, fits in really well with my coursework.

• Like 1

Hi Gillian,

I'm looking on YouTube and found an option called "Opening Night at In & Of Itself." I selected it but then got a message it was requested from outside the YouTube app, so I canceled it. It's 1:01 in length. The film on Hulu is 90 minutes, maybe it's because there is footage from many of his stage performances. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find the film anywhere else. 🙂