Gillian Florence

Holiday update & 2020 reflections

• Administrators

Hello community of mindfulness teachers! I just wanted to pop in here to say that I will be taking a few days away from the computer for the holidays, coming back online on the 27th or 28th.

In the meantime, if anyone pops in here and would like to share some reflections while looking back at the year 2020, I'd love to read them next week. I will share some of my own with you then as well 🙂

Happy holidays to all those celebrating over the coming weeks.

Hope you enjoyed your Time Off, Gillian!

My Fiance' and I shared some Gifts with our Wonderful Senior Neighbor across the Street from us, whom had a terrible Christmas whose Daughter-In-Law was in and out of the hospital; as I dropped off the Gifts she came to her doorway as I was parting across the street, and so I expressed our Gratitude for her in the form of "Loving Kindness" and she blew me a kiss, & expressed a mutual Gratitude!!! It's amazing how affective we can be when we do that!!! It's new verbage for me with "Loving Kindness" extended back to us!!!

And, point being, that "Loving Kindness" can be extended to anyone!!! I have to make attempts at repairing some old family hurts long overdue!!! That will be a True test of sorts!! Not all will accept that them either!! 

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Thank you for sharing these seasonal loving kindness reflections. Absolutely - they can be extended to anyone (though not always easily of course). I smiled at this last sentiment:

On 12/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, finestcoaching524@gmail.com said:

I have to make attempts at repairing some old family hurts long overdue!!! That will be a True test of sorts!!

Isn't that the truth. I can't remember where I heard it, perhaps it was Eckhart Tolle, but the saying goes something like, "If you think you are enlightened, spend a weekend with your family." 😅

EDIT - I just did a quick search of the quote and it looks like it was Ram Dass who said, "If you think you are enlightened, go spend a week with your family."

OMG, isn't that the Truth, Gillian!!! LOL!!

Though I had a pleasant trip down Memory lane with my Brother yesterday partly testing his Memory!

Some of his Memories were better than mine! And I'm the Younger!! Some days he is very sharp, othertimes not so much!:( at lease we can have a rational Mindful conversation!:)

I think he gets my Loving Kind concern today! Just for today!!:)

Edited by finestcoaching524@gmail.com
  • Like 1