doreen@mangrumconsoultation.com

Introducing myself

Hello all,

My name is Doreen. I am a retired educator, over 38 years, 9 as a Special Education Teacher and 29 as a school administrator. I have been a meditator for 2 decades and practice yoga for the same 2 decades. Mindfulness and yoga have transformed my life.  I am no longer taking medication for depression and sleep. I live each day, each moment with the knowledge that "i am ok" in this moment. And if anything gets in the way, which it does, I have learned the Mindfulness process. I have been teaching Mindfulness since retirement, about 4 years. I started with the certification with the Mindful Schools Curriculum. And I have had the pure pleasure of teaching Alternative Ed students, elementary students, and special education students. With this experience, I was approached about teaching adults. And so, got out in the "arena" with all my vulnerability and lots of meditation on courage and acceptance. I love teaching Mindfulness to adults. My own mindfulness and yoga practice continue almost every day (my morning medication ...). I am enjoying the teaching and learning that Mindfulexercises is providing, and realize that this will continue to be a life long journey. 

I love this community of practitioners and learners. Just so you know, at the Wednesday mentoring meetings, I am somewhat silent as I am caring for my grandson now as his daycare has had some Covid concerns. But I hear you and I am listening as best I can. 

Peace to you in each moment.

Doreen

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Lovely introduction Doreen! We have talked over email but it is nice to hear more about your background here.

I really resonate with that practice of remembering 'I am ok' in this moment. The mind can easily have us forgetting this. 

Have a lovely rest of your day and feel free to jump in on any other conversations in the forum that speak to you 🙂

Thanks Gillian.  So, my relationships with community forums has been tentative at best. I am not much for any social media, no blogging, FB, Twitter. I have entered into community forums before and seemed to get lost... scroll back and see what was said previously, 

Is there a forum topic with just those students taking teacher certification class? Are all topics just those students? Or are all topics with anyone connected to mindfulexercises? 

And, actually, I am not sure if all will see this post, or just you. 🤷‍♀️ 

Appreciate you time and connection.

Be well. Stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Hi Doreen,

Great question. This community and all topics within it are just for students taking the certification course. There is a second community for Mindfulness Exercises as a whole. The link to that one is: https://www.mindfulnessexercises.com/community/

Some students of the program are members of both online communities.

In case you get mixed up between the two, you can spot the difference in the link. They are similar, but this one has 'teach.' before 'mindfulnessexercises.com/community' (https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/community/)

Everyone who is registered in this community can see your posts in the forum. If you direct message me through my profile, then that will be private.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need help navigating things 🙂

Wishing you a lovely Friday!