katie.lasky@gmail.com

How did you structure the process of your Certification?

Hello Everyone!

While I am a master of many areas in life, creating structure has always been a weak skill of mine (historically speaking as I am changing it) 

I just wanted to ask if anyone has a model of exactly what they do with this certification process, lessons, practice, clients, sittings, etc, if you 

have it formulated in a structure that might be a great model for others to gain insight on how to best navigate this all, I would be beyond

grateful. 

I just am curious how you have made it all flow. I am willing to go above and beyond with the work.  I am just finding this layout more foreign to 

me and do not want that to create any delay/issues in my development and practices.  

If you are open to sharing your schedule/routine, let me know.  Much LOVE.  

• Like 1

Hi Katie,

Wow! I can't believe someone else is having that issue too! (Expression Self-Compassion as well as Compassion for you, Katie)!

I was feeling alone with this; seems everytime I think I am ontrack, I have another major task ahead of me;

For me if Sean layed out his suggestions of items to tackles as a Priority Task Flow would be very Helpful!

Have you began the Workbook and have you purchased the " A Clinician's Guide to Teaching Mindfulness", Katie? I am doing both of these at the same time, though the Workbook does not coincide with the "Guide"? Then there are the "Instructions Application for Certificate of Completion" let me backup a second...there was a link I was going to provide you with this Link, Katie:

https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/mindfulness-meditation-teacher-certification/              

Edited by finestcoaching524@gmail.com
Redirecting resources.

Yes, I have that sheet. However, With all the information, personal practices, leading/teaching and more, I was hoping maybe somebody had their calendar schedule of how they got it done.  As the old Coaching Academy Lead Coach for a company, we had everything step by step listed out for them to get done.  With this, there are so many areas to dive into. I want to make sure I am building upon the right steps and practices in the best and most helpful time frame.  It is a bit overwhelming for me to grasp how it is presented.  And that is very much so my brain and how it works.  Not the program.  I just hoped someone maybe was a type a and made a structure I could tap into.  If they saw value in supporting a mind that works differently 😉. I am open to receiving any and all advice/support 

• Like 1

Hey Katie,

You may or may not laugh or checkle here; I just emailed Gillian to see if we have a Certification Checklist!! See, every time I see you get overwelmed, it's like we are in sinc with one another...e. g. like in Lesson #6. we have a Project of 20 days to complete:

"Take a few minutes to journal your thoughts and feelings about your cultural experience and identity for 20 days. Read and reflect on what you are uncovering and where you may focus your attention to increase your cultural sensitivity".

Anyway, so far one day at a time...coming Wed. to Christopher Germer's Class with Sean? Do you have their Book and workbook? I just bought mineOur Certification Workbook skips around their book?

I'm done for this AM...it's 1AM...time flies!!

• Like 1

Hi. This conversation is very helpful to me as well! I would also love an outline of the process of self-study to make sure I don't miss anything and a Certification Checklist. Thank you for reaching out about this. I got a little stuck on the "journaling your thoughts and feelings about your cultural experience and identity for 20 days", as I usually don't leave the house or see people due to COVID. I thought to fully engage in this, it would be helpful to consider throughout the day while out in the world communicating and engaging with others. Maybe I'm overthinking it?

I'm also wondering if there is a suggested timeframe to start teaching within the curriculum, (I've never taught), and how others may have scheduled teaching the various types of meditation three times each. I would appreciate any feedback/insight you may have.

Edited by lisammany@gmail.com
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hello to you all 🙂

The list for the requisites to get certified are listed here: https://teach.mindfulnessexercises.com/mindfulness-meditation-teacher-certification/ You could make a mini checklist from the points listed. I use a website called Evernote to make lists of tasks to complete. It might helpful for those wanting to make an official checklist and to keep notes of things: https://evernote.com/

As for lesson 6 where you are asked to journal for 20 days about your cultural experience and identity: I would say you can do this whether you step out into the physical world or not. Culture is presented to us and impacts us through social media, news, and even the sheer presence of technology being in our lives constantly. So some days your reflections might be stirred due to in-person interactions you have and at other times it might be online encounters. You might also simply recall certain memories or insights about where and how you grew up. But all in all, don't overthink or worry about this too much. Whatever comes to you naturally is perfect 🙂

As for a suggested time frame to start teaching - I think it depends a lot on the individual. If you have never taught but your personal practice is strong, you could start by leading one session, opening it up to friends and family. I would say that if you are new to practicing, create some space between your teachings so that you have time to reflect upon how each session runs and to gain new tools and insights for the next. Someone who is already guiding sessions might go through the teaching requirements more quickly, but there is no standard.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, finestcoaching524@gmail.com said:

Hey Katie,

You may or may not laugh or checkle here; I just emailed Gillian to see if we have a Certification Checklist!! See, every time I see you get overwelmed, it's like we are in sinc with one another...e. g. like in Lesson #6. we have a Project of 20 days to complete:

"Take a few minutes to journal your thoughts and feelings about your cultural experience and identity for 20 days. Read and reflect on what you are uncovering and where you may focus your attention to increase your cultural sensitivity".

Anyway, so far one day at a time...coming Wed. to Christopher Germer's Class with Sean? Do you have their Book and workbook? I just bought mineOur Certification Workbook skips around their book?

I'm done for this AM...it's 1AM...time flies!!

Hi 👋 Which book and workbook are you referring to? Thanks 🙏