AnthonyM

Sharing mindfulness initiative

One of the reasons for joining this program was to help in developing a new online initiative. (Or better said, reviving one I'd started back in 2017 but needed to put on the back burner during an international move.)

I've set a goal of 52 posts within a year and it looks like this was too ambitious.

That said, I managed to post the 6th of the lot today and since they've all been longer and more in-depth than originally planned, I think less will prove to be more. 

The site itself still needs a lot of TLC, but I'm glad it's up and running and getting a fairly regular run of new content.

Anyone else blogging in this space?

• Like 2

• Administrators

That's wonderful Anthony! Is there a link to your blog or website?

I am a freelance writer though I haven't been writing too much of my own content lately (aside from in my journal). However, it is interesting you bring this up because I have set an intention to write an article this week to post on my own website or Medium account. I plan to start working that muscle again, just letting things free flow according to whatever is moving through my heart and mind at the moment. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gillian Florence said:

I plan to start working that muscle again, just letting things free flow according to whatever is moving through my heart and mind at the moment. 

This is a wonderful thing to do. Procedural memory develops nicely in a way that can make this feel and almost literally happen on something like "autopilot." 

The post I just released is on What To Do About Anxiety: 7 POWERFUL Tips.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Great article Anthony! I really appreciated that many of the tips you offer are not what you'd typically find in an article on anxiety, such as the memory palace, the self-inquiry questions, and those breathing techniques - I hadn't previously heard of either psychic alternate breathing or pendulum breathing. I just tried the psychic alternate breathing for a few minutes... very cool!

• Like 1