NEXT LIVE WORKSHOP – Liam McClintock – The Neuroscience of Craving & Samadhi – Wed. May 18th (Link in Dashboard) ×

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd make an official introduction and hello to the community. I have joined this program in the last couple of weeks and am tuning in from the north shore of Boston, MA.

I am an acupuncturist, shiatsu practitioner and herbalist who also teaches meditation and mindful movement. My clinic is located in Salem, MA and endeavors to integrate these different branches of oriental medicine. The majority of my work is practicing acupuncture and teaching meditation. I work with all kinds of people in both and I do a short guided meditation for each of my patients. The meditation is as important as the needles and each acupuncture point. In my private practice I work a lot with fertility to postpartum and women's health. I have also been working in a hospital in the PACE program which stands for Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly and is for low-income high-needs patients over 55. I also do some home visits through a local hospice, providing acupuncture, bodywork and meditation. I love to work with people in transition in their lives. During the pandemic I have had my hospital and hospice work on an indefinite hold and am using this time to pivot to offering meditation and mindfulness online and to deepen my own training.

I've been practicing myself off and on for 20 years or so and have been more serious about teaching it the past year. I have attended several silent retreats at the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA in the past 10 years. I taught meditation combined with mindful movement like qi gong and yin yoga and meridian stretches here and there over the past 7 years. I developed a 6 week program that I am teaching virtually now.

I'm happy to be here and hope to learn more about helping others overcome obstacles in their practice and how to more masterfully guide others.

I actually had frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) last year and it was a painful and debilitating condition and it began to dramatically lessen once I started teaching my 6 week program and I felt that teaching mindfulness and meditation is definitely the direction I need to move towards.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Zoe! Welcome to the community. Thank you for this lovely introduction. It sounds like you are doing incredible work. I can understand the hospital and hospice working being put on hold. Online sessions would be great for this.

Let me know if you have any questions as you go forward and feel free to share your thoughts or questions in any other nook of the forum you feel drawn to.

All the best,

Gillian
Chief Care Officer